Cross Infection in Dental Practice
In-House Dental Training for Cross Infection
Our Cross Infection training course is just one of the in-house dental courses we provide across the UK.
The Cross Infection Control for Dental Nurses allows each member of the team to develop their knowledge, understanding and competence in Cross Infection Control.
The biggest benefit to carrying out this course in-house is that our tutors will tailor this to your practice’s requirements.
Infection control training objectives
- Review HTM01-05
- Recap Microorganisms in dentistry
- Look at the importance of Personal Protective Equipment
- How to move instruments to and from the Decontamination Area
- How to decontaminate and sterilise instruments
- Know how to disinfect the dental surgery between patients
- Look at what to do in the event of a sharps injury
- Know what items go into clinical waste and other waste disposal methods
- Look at what records are needed to comply with CQC
This course counts as 3 hours of enhanced CPD and meets GDC Outcomes B, C and D.
Latest courses available
Work towards your careers goals with a Personal Development Plan Your Personal Development Plan is a CPD course designed to help you get the best from your career planning. Set clear goals,...
NEBDN Accredited Online Certificate in Dental Sedation Nursing. Dental sedation is used in practices to enable anxious patients to undergo the treatment they require. This online course,...
Anon View more testimonials
Good examples were used and all aspects of the subject covered.